Zodiac Filming Locations: Zodiac movie is set between 1968 and 1983 when a San Francisco cartoonist becomes a detective obsessed with tracking the Zodiac Killer who is an unidentified individual who terrorizes Northern California with a killing spree.
This Film is Based on Robert Graysmith’s Non-Fiction book of the same name, The Film Star Jake Gyllenhaal, Mark Ruffalo, Anthony Edwards, Robert Downey Jr., Brian Cox, John Carroll Lynch, Richmond Arquette, Bob Stephenson, John Lacy, and many more…
When and Where was Zodiac filmed?
|Genre||Crime, Drama, Mystery, Thriller|
|Filming location||USA: California|
|Filming Dates||8 August 2005|
|Release Date||March 2, 2007|
The filming of the film took place primarily in San Francisco and California, Fincher. The filming of the film started on 8 August 2005. In the below article, we will see the different locations where the film was filmed.
Zodiac Filming Locations in the USA
There are several locations in the USA that are frequently used for filming. If you’re planning to visit the United States, you can visit these popular filming locations to actually see them and experience the filmy world.
1. Downey Studios
Address: 12214 Lakewood Blvd, Downey, CA 90242, United States
The Downey Studios was a production studio but now it is permanently closed. The studio featured indoor and outdoor production space including buildings. The studio was used to shoot some indoor and outdoor scenes from the film.
2. Original Joe’s
Address: 601 Union St, San Francisco, CA 94133, United States
Original Joe’s is an Italian restaurant. The restaurant serves traditional, old-school Italian entrees, steaks & seafood. Robert and Melanie went on their first date in this restaurant. The restaurant is the oldest of all the “Joe’s” restaurants and is nationally known for “Joe’s Concept”.
3. Earl Warren Building
Address: 350 McAllister St, San Francisco, CA 94102, USA
The Earl Warren Building is the headquarters of the Supreme Court of California. Robert approaches Inspector David Toschi in this building in the film. The building is also part of the Ronald M. George State Office Complex.
4. 4440 W 126th Street, Hawthorne
Hawthorne is a city in the Los Angeles metropolitan area. 4440 W 126th Street in Hawthorne is used as Vallejo Police Department in the film.
5. Warner Grand Theatre
Address: 478 W 6th St (at, S Pacific Ave, San Pedro, CA 90731, United States
Warner Grand Theatre is a Theatre in Los Angeles, California, This historic movie palace was opened on 20 January 1931. Graysmith is picked up by Vaughn from this place in the film. This is a grand theater, with woodwork that is amazing and elegant. This theater is from the 1930s, nicely well-maintained.
6. Mayme A. Clayton Library & Museum
Address: 4130 Overland Ave, Culver City, CA 90230, United States
Mayme A. Clayton Library & Museum is used as a Riverside Police Station in the film. It is a Museum in Culver City, California. Library and Museum are currently closed.
The film was also shot in other locations in California, United States, such as:
- Ontario International Airport – 2900 E. Airport Drive is located in Ontario.
- Mann’s National Theater – 10925 Lindbrook Drive located in Westwood, Los Angeles.
- South Gate is the 19th Biggest city in Los Angeles County, California, USA.
- Terminal Annex – 900 North Alameda Street is located near Chinatown, Los Angeles.
- Walnut is a city which is located in California and it is the eastern part of Los Angeles County.
- Ziegler’s Hardware – 3948 Tweedy Blvd is located near South Gate and the address of this Place is 3948 Tweedy Blvd, South Gate, CA 90280, United States.
- 4th Street, Downtown is located in Los Angeles.
- San Francisco Chronicle – 901 Mission St is located in San Francisco, California, USA
- 451 Minna Street, South of Market, San Francisco, California, USA
- Callahan’s Diner – 1213 Wilshire Boulevard is located near Santa Monica, California, and the Address of this place is 1213 Wilshire Blvd, Santa Monica, CA 90403, United States.
- Long Beach is a coastal city and port which is located in Southern California.
- Rockwell Defense Plant – Bellflower and Imperial Highway, Downey, California, USA
- George’s 50’s Diner – 4390 Atlantic Avenue is located near Long Beach, California and the Address of this place is 4390 Atlantic Ave, Long Beach, CA 90807, United States.
- Kellam Avenue is a 4,938 square foot house on a 0.38 acre Los Angeles.
- Colonnade Wilshire Corporation – 3701 Wilshire Blvd # 407 is located near Los Angeles and the address of this is 3701 Wilshire Blvd UNIT 407, Los Angeles, CA 90010, United States.
- Transbay Terminal – 144 1st. Street is located in San Francisco The Address of this place is 200 Folsom St, San Francisco, CA 94105, United States.
- 2501 Irving Street, Sunset District, San Francisco, California, USA
- 62 Varda Landing Rd
- Warner Grand Theater – 478 W. 6th Street is a historic movie palace which is located near San Pedro, The address of this Place is 478 W 6th St (at, S Pacific Ave, San Pedro, CA 90731, United States.
- Thedore Roosevelt Middle School is located in San Francisco, the Address of this place is 460 Arguello Blvd, San Francisco, CA 94118, United States.
- Transamerica Pyramid – 600 Montgomery Street is It is a skyscraper with 48 floors located in America which is located in San Francisco.
Zodiac Official Trailer
What is the Filming Location of Zodiac?
Zodiac has been Filmed in the USA: California.
When was Zodiac filmed?
Zodiac filming started on 8 August 2005.
Where can you watch Zodiac?
The film Zodiac will be available on Paramount Pictures and Warner Bros. Pictures.