Prisoners Filming Locations: Prisoners is a 2013 American thriller film directed by Denis Villeneuve from a screenplay written by Aaron Guzikowski and distributed by Warner Bros. Pictures
The film has a stunning cast including Hugh Jackman, Jake Gyllenhaal, Viola Davis, Maria Bello, Terrence Howard, Melissa Leo, and Paul Dano.
The film was a financial and critical success, earning a gross of US$122 million worldwide. Prisoners was chosen by the National Board of Review as one of the top ten films of 2013 and was also nominated for Best Cinematography.
Prisoners Filming Locations- Where was Prisoners filmed?
|Genres||Crime, Drama, Mystery, Thriller|
|Filming Locations||United States: Georgia (Atlanta, Porterdale, Stone Mountain), Louisiana (Monroe)|
|Filming Date||February 2013|
|Release Date||September 20, 2013|
Prisoners Filming Location- Where Was Prisoners Filmed?
Prisoners was filmed in locations of Conyers and Atlanta, Georgia, USA. In the below article, you can check out where these places are located and know more about Prisoners’ filming locations.
Prisoners Filming Locations in the United States
1. Franklin Birch’s House – 2903 High Brook Way SE, Conyers, Georgia (United States)
The home located at 2903 High Brook Way SE in Conyers, Georgia, was remodeled and designed as Franklin Birch’s house in the film Prisoners, which was down the street from Keller Dover’s home.
2. Keller Dover’s House – 700 Deering Rd SE, Conyers, Georgia (United States)
Although the Dover home is located in Pennsylvania according to the Prisoners‘ storyline, it’s actually located in Conyers, Georgia. Anna and Joy go missing while heading toward it from a neighboring home which was of Dover.
3. Holly Jones’ House – 1634 Phillips Rd, Lithonia, Georgia (United States)
Holly Jones’s house is located at 1634 Phillips Rd, Lithonia, Georgia, and first appeared when Detective Loki visits Holly to ask her about her nephew named Alex.
Holly Jones’s house becomes the primary place for the climatic showdown between Holly and Loki, which directly leads the detective to the underlying puzzle.
4. The Mill at Yellow River in Porterdale (United States)
In the film, when local police were searching the scene is portrayed in a beautiful view where the camera goes under the river bridge. The bridge was at The Mill at Yellow River in Porterdale, a three-story brick building built in 1899.
5. 76 gas station, 1605 Troy Smith Road in Monroe (United States)
The gas station shown in the film is the 76 gas station located at 1605 Troy Smith Road in Monroe. At the time of filming in 2013, it was a blue Chevron station.
6. The Original Pancake House, 5099 Memorial Drive in Stone Mountain (United States)
The Chinese restaurant where Loki sits and eats dinner in one of the Prisoners’ opening scenes was filmed at 5099 Memorial Dr, Stone Mountain, Georgia. It is The Original Pancake House, a casual breakfast restaurant. (External Link: IMDb)
The film has also been shot in all of these locations in the United States:
- 651 James P Brawley Dr NW, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
- 748 Donald Lee Hollowell Pkwy NW, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
- Atlanta Medical Center – 1170 Cleveland Ave, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
- 4916 N Royal Atlanta Dr, Tucker, Georgia, USA
- Stanton Woods Dr. SE, Conyers, Georgia, USA
- Greenview Ave SE, Conyers, Georgia, USA
- Shelton Connecticut, USA
- Derby, Connecticut, USA
- Village Square Shopping Center – 5616 Memorial Dr, Stone Mountain, Georgia, USA
Prisoners Official Trailer
What is the Filming Location of Prisoners?
Prisoners was filmed in the United States: Georgia (Atlanta, Porterdale, Stone Mountain), Louisiana (Monroe).
When was Prisoners filmed?
Prisoners started filming on February 2013.
Where can you watch Prisoners?
Prisoners can be Watched on Netflix, Prime Video, Vudu, Redbox. or Apple TV on your Roku device.